inner page header image

Chicago Employment Immigration Attorneys

U.S. Employment Immigration Lawyer in Mexico City

U.S. Employment Immigration Lawyers in Chicago and Mexico City

Katz Law Office, Ltd. is ready to help you resolve your toughest employment visa needs, with cost-effective, efficient immigration legal services for employers and individual employees in Chicago, Illinois, and communities throughout the United States.

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) can be hard to understand, full of confusing laws and inconsistent policies. Unfortunately, employment immigration laws in the United States are often undependable and open to interpretation by judges and immigration officials who are responsible for making decisions on a case-by-case basis.

Despite efforts to simplify the process over the past several years, the employment immigration system remains complicated, with rules and visa quotas constantly changing. Since 9/11, employment immigration and visa laws have become tighter and there is far less room for forgiveness regarding employer violations. Now, more than ever, it takes a skilled employment immigration attorney to help you understand what your options are and what you need to do to ensure a valid work status for yourself or the employees you hire.

We Help Employers and Individual Employees With the Following:

  • B-1 business visas for temporary visitors for business
  • B-2 business visas for temporary visitors for pleasure
  • F-1 student visas for students wishing to study in the United States
  • H-1B visas for temporary workers in specialty occupations
  • H-2B visas for skilled and unskilled workers
  • L visas for intra-company transfers
  • J visas for exchange visitors
  • Lawful permanent residency - green cards

Work Permits — Employment Authorizations

If you want to legally work in the country and you are not a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, you will need to obtain permission to legally work in the United States. Our employment immigration lawyers can help you obtain or renew a work permit, also called an employment authorization document. If you currently live in Mexico or other Central American country and have received a job offer in the U.S., our attorneys can help you with EB immigration visas and employment immigration concerns. We can also assist employers with filing labor certification (PERM) requests and petitions for alien workers, sponsoring foreign workers, and completing all other steps necessary to legally hire foreign workers.

For more information, see our immigration law handout.

Contact us or call (773) 847-8982 to learn more about how we can help you meet your employment immigration and work visa needs.

CTA Free Consultation

Practice Areas