E-3 Visa for Australians
Created in 2005, the U.S. immigration law allows for 10,500 visas yearly specifically for Australian nationals to enter the U.S. for employment in “specialty occupations” which must require a bachelor’s degree and a professional license to obtain.
An applicant for an E-3 visa must exhibit the following to the U.S. Department of State in order to be considered for this visa:
- A detailed job description for the U.S. position which meets the above specifications;
- All credentials of the applicant including diploma and professional license indicating eligibility for the position to be worked in the U.S.;
- Often letters from prior or current employers exhibiting experience in the same or similar role will be required;
- Resume or curriculum vitae;
- Rudimentary information about the employer company;
- Proof or explanation of intent to depart the U.S. upon completion of the job assignment.
The U.S. employer is required to obtain labor certification, exhibiting that no U.S. worker is available to fill the position.