inner page header image

Chicago, Illinois Visa Assistance Lawyers

Chicago Visa Assistance Lawyers

Immigrant and Non-Immigrant Visa Attorneys Serving Little Village, Aurora, and Waukegan

Katz Law Office, Ltd. is a leading immigration law firm providing visa assistance to residents of Chicago and the surrounding suburbs. We help clients obtain family and employer-sponsored visas to get married, work, travel, pursue education, and participate in a host of other fulfilling activities while in the United States. We also handle visas for a multitude of non-immigrant matters. Our attorneys hold extensive experience in initiating and following through with visa requests. We offer an efficient visa assistance experience that respects your goals and considers your family’s needs.

Helping Clients Understand the Visa Process

A United States visa is a legal document that authorizes a person to enter the United States for a specific purpose and time period. Such visas are approved by government agencies such as United States Embassies and consulates. In general, the steps in the visa process include:

  1. Determining the type of visa required.
  2. Filing a petition to initiate a visa request.
  3. Paying the non-refundable application fee.
  4. Completing a visa interview with the issuing authority.

If your visa is denied, Katz Law Office, Ltd. will investigate the reason and explain your options. Sometimes, the issuing authority just needs additional information. No matter what the outcome, we will help support your goals to obtain a visa.

Types of Visas

If you are unsure what type of visa you or a family member may need, we can guide you. We handle non-immigrant and immigrant visas. Some non-immigrant visas we obtain include:

  • H-1B – This is issued for people who have occupations that require specialized knowledge and are essential to a specific task.
  • B-1/B-2 visa, also known as a tourist or travel visa, is for activities such as vacation, visiting relatives, and participation in approved social, recreational, or business pursuits.
  • EB-5 – Also known as an investor visa, this visa is available to foreign business professionals who want to invest in new, commercial business interests in the United States.
  • U – This type of visa is for victims of specific crimes who have experienced severe physical and/or emotional abuse and would be instrumental in criminal proceedings to help obtain justice for the wronged.

The United States Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, indicated that there are more than 20 different non-immigrant visas. There are also a multitude of immigrant visas. Two of the most common ones we handle include:

  • K Visas – These visas are for finances you wish to bring to the United States. As long as you meet the eligibility requirements, you may initiate a petition to secure this type of visa. If you want to bring your future spouse to the United States, we can help you through the process.
  • Work Visas – Employment visas, also known as EB immigration visas are useful for those who have permanent employment offers in the United States (other work visas include TN, H-2A, H-2B, L, O, etc.). We know how to help employers and potential employees navigate the process to obtain visas for foreign workers and non-documented workers.

While having a visa does not guarantee entry into the United States, it does indicate your eligibility to enter to personnel in the United States Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection. If you have a visa, cannot enter the United States, we may be able to help you resolve the matter.

If you need visa assistance please contact our visa assistance attorneys today. We provide a free, initial consultation and will work with you to help you understand the visa process. We have several offices in the Chicagoland area, and even Mexico City, for your convenience. Please call (773) 847-8982 today. Se habla Español.

CTA Free Consultation

Practice Areas